Position Description & Job Responsibilities
About the Company:
Pandora Productions is the only theatre in the Louisville Metro area and indeed the state of Kentucky exclusively dedicated and most trusted to tell the stories of the LBGTQ community. Through plays, musicals, original and devised theatrical works we seek to illuminate and educate the broader community and our own on issues of importance to the LGBTQ community.
Summary of position:
Pandora Productions is seeking a dynamic individual to join its dynamic team in the role of Operations Manager. This new part-time position is a combination of several small positions, some new additions and marks a significant stride in the strategic growth of the company.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of several key functions of the company. These functions include: House Manager; Bar Coordinator; Volunteer Coordination; Subscriber and Ticketing services; other tasks as they come up, assigned or taken on by individual selected for this role.
The position reports to the Board of Directors but is primarily overseen by the Producing Artistic Director. Together they will ensure adequate personnel and resources are prepared for the run of five productions a season. It is hoped that the candidate selected for this position will build this role into a full-time job and take their place at the side of the PAD in leadership of the organization as we build and grow the company. The ideal candidate will want to grow with Pandora Productions and find a home with her along with the many professionals who call her their home theatre.
Primary Functions: (general list, more detail can be found at the end of this document.)
Other skills that might be rolled into this position with additional compensation if the right candidate applies:
Bookkeeping, Development, Marketing, Graphic Design
Subscriber & Ticketing Services –
- Work with Producing Artistic Director to get the Subscribers set up in EventBrite,
- Maintain Subscriber database updating information as it comes in or changes,
- Set up event tickets in EventBrite,
- Take ticket orders over the phone,
- Ensure that inventories are correct after exchanges,
- Compile online orders and ensure the list is at the theatre for each performance,
- Pull information from the ticketing event website for reporting to PAD and Board,
- Reschedule those who missed if possible.
Volunteer Coordination –
- Create sign-up sheets for volunteers so that all shifts are listed and from which they can choose,
- Put out calls with links for front of house volunteers to work as ushers, box office attendants, etc.
- Put out calls for volunteers for special events if needed, such as Fundraisers,
- Make sure house is adequately staffed for the run of the show,
- Coordinate bar sales staffing with the board of directors,
- Send reminders to all those scheduled for front of house prior to each performance,
- Give volunteers a tour of the facility, remind if returning, safety instructions for the performance,
- Assign doors and patron instruction in case of emergency,
- Covers absences and shortages as needed,
- Clean the theatre seating area at the end of each performance,
Bar Coordination –
- Design specialty / featured drinks, and insure recipe is available to bartender and taught ahead
- Keep a par sheet for the liquor, non-liquor stock, supplies etc.,
- Order liquor to get bar up to par prior to opening,
- Make reorders as necessary for adequate stock through run of show,
- Shop for non-liquor supplies prior to opening,
- Make specialty / featured drinks,
- Ensure bar is set up and adequately stocked for the contracted bartenders,
- Bartend at final dress/tech and preview for invited guests.
House Manager –
- Pick up ice on the way into the theatre each performance,
- Manage front of house for each performance,
- Ensure that the IPads and Card swipers are charged and ready each night,
- Ensure the restrooms are cleaned and stocked, use reserve stock if needed and report to HC,
- Unlock the doors to the theatre for arriving volunteers and patrons,
- Oversee the volunteers and bar sales, checking in occasionally for needs,
- Oversee the bartender making sure the bar standards are maintained,
- Ensure the safety of our patrons should an emergency arise,
- Call confirmed patrons to see how far away they are to assess the start of the show,
- Coordinate with Stage Manager for Bar Open, House Open, Show Start, Intermission, Post-Show,
- Reconcile checkout sheet, ensure money matches and hold out banks for the next evening,
- Deposit box office proceeds after each weekend, making copies for bookkeeper and reports,
- At the end of the run, strike the front of house, keeping volunteers as needed.
Knowledge & Skills Needed:
Strong customer services skills,
Excellent organizational and time-management skills,
Good listening and follow up skills,
Good written and verbal communication skills,
Ability to work independently, as well as with a team,
Must have a positive attitude,
Ability to multi-task within a busy environment with frequent interruptions,
Ability to lift, push, pull or otherwise maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds.
Some college preferred,
Customer service experience with arts patrons preferred,
Standard knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel); ability to learn ETapestry, EventBrite
Minimum Hours & Pay Range:
Leading up to Performance and performance run up to 30 hours a week (6 weeks)
Off weeks barely any work except what a winning candidate might want to contribute, but probably between 2 to 6 hours a week.